The Covent Garden Academy of Flowers
Two Week Intensive Flower Design 2nd - 13th September
Duration: Week One: 5 Days, Monday - Friday, Week Two: 5 Days, Monday - Friday
Location: Covent Garden, London
Time: 10.30am - 4pm
Details: All flowers and materials provided. Complimentary tea and coffee throughout the day.
Treat yourself and learn everything there is to know about flower design at the Covent Garden Academy of Flowers. Courses are suitable for beginners, and those who want to take their love of flowers further.
Intensive One is aimed at those who have a love of flowers and want to enjoy learning floral design techniques, how to apply them in practice and finally prepare a variety of arrangements.
Intensive Two will greatly add to the skills and techniques learnt in Intensive One.
Both weeks can be taken on their own or together as two weeks - whether consecutively or not.
In Intensive Week One you will learn:
- Basic floral design techniques including care and conditioning, wiring techniques, hand ties, colour, height and proportion.
- How to construct popular arrangements such as seasonal creations, events, weddings and sympathy work
- How to incorporate these skills and techniques in the development of larger scale pieces.
Early in the week you will visit the New Covent Garden Flower Market to source and budget for set arrangements.
In Intensive Week Two you will learn:
- How to design and practice implementing large floral structures. In particular you will handle the equipment, plan the mechanics and learn construction techniques for this topic.
- All aspects of designing and preparing wedding flowers, including bouquets, buttonholes, corsages, table and venue arrangements.
- By the end of the course you will be designing a ‘live’ event on your own. This will include sourcing, budgeting, planning, logistics, conditioning and presenting your designs to a ‘client’.
If you decide to book for both weeks there is a discounted price. We recommend that if possible, you attend Intensive One and Two consecutively