The Covent Garden Academy of Flowers
Three Day Taster Course 26 - 28th February 2020
Duration: 3 days
Time: 10.30am - 4pm
Location: Covent Garden, London
Details: All flowers and materials provided. Complimentary tea and coffee throughout the day
If you are looking for an opening into the world of Flower Design then this is the short course for you. It is suitable for complete beginners. The focus is on creativity and understanding the practical mechanics that you need to-create-truly inspiring dynamic work with flowers. Time and time again, the Three Day Taster is voted our most popular course.
At the end of the three days you will have the confidence to design flowers for the home, a special event or just to be enjoyed.
Over the three days you will cover
- Hand tied bouquets and posies
- Table Arrangements
- Introduction to wiring techniques
- How to buy and take care of your flowers, this will include a visit to the flower market (not on the consecutive Saturdays Course).
- The basic principles involved for hand tied arrangements and contemporary and traditional techniques.
- The importance and understanding of colour and texture – you will experiment with the whole colour spectrum. As well as texture, pattern, balance and shape. A strong grasp of colour enhances all elements of design and will help you-create-stunning flower designs for your home, entertaining and personal pleasure.
- Flower designs for large venues such as churches and marquees, as well as flowers for a special event.
At the end of a very creative and ‘hands on’ three days you will have a new found confidence to take you further in to the world of Flower Design.
You will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion of the course.
All flowers and materials are provided.